Friday, May 9, 2008

Venice Paintings

In the summer of 2001 I, along with my soon-to-be-wife took a backpacking trip across Europe, going in a circle from France to Switzerland to Italy to Spain then back to France. On our way to Italy we took an overnight train, arriving in Venice at about 4:45 in the morning, when the only people out were the local bakers, singing in the streets and preparing the goods for the coming day. We became immediately lost in the tangled web of streets and I was loving every minute of it. The place affected me; the look, the feel, the drama of it all, in such a way that I keep coming back to painting Venice, year after year. I think it is an attempt to best articulate the effect it had on me. Here are a few of my favorite paintings. Enjoy!
Venetian Corridor Oil on Canvas 16"x20" 2003

The Bridge of Sighs Oil on Canvas 16"x20" 2004 (Sold)


On the Canal Oil on Canvas 16"x20" 2004


Venice under the Bridges Oil on Canvas 24"x36" 2008
Venetian Sunrise Oil/Canvas 24"x28" 2006


1 comment:

Amr Adel Amin said...

These are really nice! I've always wanted to go. I hope that if/when I do, I'll have a similarly inspirational experience. Looking forward to seeing more of your paintings!